I am thrilled to say that just before I jetted off to San Francisco I finished my tea party cardi. I had intended to take it with me but the skirt I was going to wear it with didn’t in the end get packed.
Anyway, it’s not my ideal cardi as it’s quite short, a little longer than a bolero and I should have gone for the next size up as it’s a little tight across the chest. However, it has achieved its objective in giving me my confidence in knitting back and using up the cotton that was sitting around after I gave up on the overall cardigan where I am sure the pattern was very wrong – interestingly I haven’t seen any completed projects of the original pattern on Ravelry.
The whole thing last year really dented my confidence in knitting and its been a year since I last picked up the needle. Exploring Ravelry due to the crocheting I have been doing made me realise that I could locate an alternative pattern for the wool. I chose the tea cardi as it was a simple pattern and lots of people had completed one. It has indeed knitted very easily and I would knit another one but a larger size.
I decided that as it wasn’t a posh cardi but had a real handcrafted feel I would go for some natural looking buttons. I am really pleased with the coconut ones I got from Totally Buttons.
I haven’t decided on the next knitting/crocheting project but I think it will be crochet as I find it so much more satisfying at the moment. In the meantime, when I get home I have some PJ bottoms to sew.