This side of the greenhouse looks quite good. I have spent an hour or so this evening moving the last of the succulents out onto the outside staging and moving all the pots of bulbs into the greenhouse. They are stored under the staging and on the back shelves with the intention they will dry out in the summer.
This side is slightly more disorganised. There are seedlings which need looking after, young aloes that need potting up and other pots that need a new home.
They need a new home as I have decided to replace the slatted staging with some plunge propagation staging. I will then fill this with sand and use it for my alpines and bulbs. I have been umming and arhing about this for months thinking there was no way I could accommodate all my interests and where would I sow seeds etc. However, I have realised this year that my interest in growing annuals is more or less non-existent and most of the plants I grow from seed need the cold to germinate.
It will take some careful organising and balancing of the needs of different types of plants but I think it will work. I should also have room to overwinter my pelargoniums and other tender plants. Hopefully by the time I write the July Greenhouse Year post the new staging will be in place.
The tall bulbous plants are Peruvian daffodils (Hymenocallis festalis). This is their second year and I am hoping that the flowers are as wonderful as last year. I only saw them as they were going over as they flowered when I was away in San Francisco.
So that’s my greenhouse mid June still full and busy and not a tomato plant in sight!